Comp-SIGMA Ltd. knows that the first step to lowering and managing injuries is creating a culture of safety within the organization. This is an important part of our focus from the day we meet with a new account.
The first step in our process is to conduct a baseline safety audit with the goal of assessing the safety culture and potential hazards for injury within all areas of an account. These audits are reviewed with the new customer and decisions are made regarding where our loss prevention services would be most beneficial and have the most impact.
Regularly scheduled visits with our loss prevention staff follow. As the recommendations from the baseline safety audit are completed new safety tasks can be considered. Assistance is provided in many different areas including:
- Written Safety Programs
- Return to Work Programs
- Alternative Duty Program Development
- Joint Loss Management Committees (as required by HB 1579)
- Assist with implementation of safety and health recommendations
- Review accident experience and make recommendations on controlling the occurrence of accidents
- Prepare reports summarizing findings and recommendations
Comp-SIGMA Ltd. loss prevention personnel and claims administrators are housed in the same office to enhance communication and to foster cooperation in order to enhance our ability to help prevent injuries in the workplace and manage them in the best possible way should an accident occur.