Comp-SIGMA Ltd. provides best in class Injury Management Services. Our experienced team of claims professionals are highly skilled and equipped with state of the art claims management technology.
As claims are received they are reviewed for:
- Compensability based on state laws regarding work related injury and illness
- Indexing through appropriate Indexing Bureaus
Claims are then entered into our software system and downloaded to the New Hampshire Department of Labor on a daily basis. Reserves are established as soon as information becomes available to Comp-SIGMA. Updates are made regularly based on new information.
As this is occurring, a three point contact is made: with the employer, the injured worker and the medical provider. These contacts help to establish the basis for the initial claims activity. Comp-SIGMA uses the information received to determine the need for further claims investigation, subrogation possibilities and whether or not engagement with our claims partners is needed. This allows us to arrange for private investigators, witnesses or attorneys as needed.
Comp-SIGMA partners with best in class providers for various services. These include:
- Best Doctors Occupational Health Institute
- Progressive Medical Pharmacy Management System
- Medical Bill Review by MCMC and Qmetrics(sp)
Comp-SIGMA Ltd. employs our own in-house Case Management and Vocational Rehabilitation providers. Case management is very closely involved with every claim that Comp-SIGMA manages in order to proactively reduce the occurrence of creeping catastrophic claims. The specific actions that Comp-SIGMA Case Managers take with injured workers include:
- Coordinating care with appropriate providers
- Establishing a return-to work plan
- Coordinating return-to-work plans with the injured worker, supervisor, medical provider and claims administrator
- Providing vocational rehabilitation when necessary
In addition, Comp-SIGMA offers smoking cessation, weight loss and diabetes management services to injured workers exhibiting certain risk factors.
Workers’ comp claims are highly manageable and when all of these services are applied to a claim the ultimate cost of the claim can be decreased. Lower medical and pharmacy costs and fewer lost work days are an important part of the workers comp puzzle-as is working with Comp-SIGMA to create a culture of safety and return to work.